Friday, June 13, 2014

Onward to Newport

The day has come to delivery Jeroboam to Newport. Russ and I will use the trip as a training session, both safety and performance, and we'll post updates through the weekend here. We're hopeful to make the favorable Cap Cod Canal window which closes around 4:30 AM tomorrow. We moved up our target departure time as we have a headwind in the forecast. Once through the canal we'll beat all the way down Buzzards Bay and over to Newport, hopefully arriving in time to attend Peter Bourke's book launch party at the Seaman's Church Saturday night.

It's a terrific book of his life and his entry in the 2009 OSTAR race, the only American that year, as I was in 2013. Peter was kind enough to loan me a manuscript prior to my departure for OSTAR and I found it to be a fantastic read.



http://www.amazon.com/Sea-Trials-Lone-Sailors-Toward/dp/0071821929/

No comments:

Post a Comment