Sunday, July 28, 2013

The old familiar sights of Rockland.

You know that incoming tide I was all excited about on that last post? The breeze lightened up so much that the swing came long before the finish.

Jeroboam finally crossed around 9:35 pm after some hairy encounters between Two Bush Channel and Mussle Ridge Channel to avoid some outgoing tidal currnent. I had some success in the last Downeast Challenge (2011) so built on that courage and ventured out onto some touch and go territory. No groundings to report but lots of headway so all's well.

It was fun to roll into Rockland. This was one of my home bases when I was spending a bulk of my summers in Maine. Good restaurants, good bars, plenty of dock space/moorings, fantastic competition. In July/Aug it really doesn't get any better than this.

No comments:

Post a Comment