Friday, May 31, 2013

Ying/Yang

Had an interesting day. It was fantastic in that I was able to fly the spinnaker and my big staysail and put down some very pleasant miles under an occasionally sunny ski. It was horrible in that I managed to clog the head twice, both times requiring me to completely dismantle the thing to fix it. I won't go into the gory details but assume it was the most disgusting thing you could possibly imagine.

I'm just working my way through a soft spot so it will be a torturous evening of flogging sails and moving at a snails pace but I have to slog through it sooner or later as it's just too big to go around (or put another way, I didn't do a good enough job avoiding it!). I can only hope to minimize the slow pace to keep up with the rest of the fleet. Just about everyone will get hit with some very light wind right about now and the ones who come out on top are the ones who can finesse their boats to maintain headway.  Won't get much sleep tonight but should be able to catch up tomorrow as the wind fills in more consistently, ultimately building to some serious blow by Sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment