Friday, March 15, 2013

Heading for Newport

Tomorrow morning Jeroboam heads for Newport for a brief interlude before sailing East. I have the pleasure of hosting a teacher who is taking part in the Sail for Kids program through the Storm Trysail Foundation, Ed Fernandez of Triverton High School. The plan is to give him an idea of what life is like on board Jeroboam so he's well equipped to answer questions from this students while I'm sailing to Europe and racing back. We've got some terrific breeze in the forecast for tomorrow morning then turning lighter as the day wears on and we get down into the Cape Cod Canal and Buzzards Bay. I'll be posting position reports occasionally and uploading some photos in route. Departure is at 5 AM so we'll be hitting the rack real soon. I can't tell you how excited I am to do some sailing this weekend.

1 comment: