Sunday, September 18, 2011

The final leg

I was warmly greeted with vastly better forecast this morning calling for 10 knots out of the NE shifting to the east which has much improved my spirits as well as the prospect of finishing before sundown. In fact, it the breeze holds, I would anticipate crossing the line by 3 or 4 this afternoon. I got a header as I was beating up the bay so I may need to throw some tacks in to make Monroe Island before turning West into Rockland Harbor and the finish line.
 
The Frers 33 named Badger is presently rolling me to an embarrassing degree, sailing at least 10 degrees higher and fast than Jeroboam. I'm shocked at how well that boat can point. I'm going to need a lift if I have a chance of keeping up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment