Sunday, September 18, 2011

Back to Matinicus

Jeroboam somehow managed to round Mt Desert Rock before Bluebird but has been hot on my heels for this whole leg and, I think, is gaining ground on me. Panacea was on the approach to Mt Desert Rock just and I was sailing back toward Matinicus so the pressure is on. The breeze died out a fair bit but is current holding around 5-6 knots and when the shift to the north arrived, I threw out the chute for some light air close reaching. If I can make Matinicus by 9 AM, I should get some favorable current as I work north into Penobscot Bay. The forecast is calling for very light wind all day so there's still a lot of racing ahead as we may not finish until after night fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment