Friday, June 24, 2011

Huge Victory!!!

Looks like the race committee has posted the final results and Jeroboam took the fleet on combined leg 1 & 2 corrected time! Yeeeeeeeeehaw! Winning my class is a great honor for me but beating the fleet thrills me beyond measure. I trained harder and made more sacrifices for this race than I have for any other competitive event and it's reassuring the effort paid off. There were tons of people who helped out over the last two years through their time, mentoring, expertise and encouragement - too many to list here but I would like to thank John Keane for racing back with me, Tom Stearns for being a mentor and all his shore side support and Chris Pitts for teaching me tons about racing, sail trim and rigging. I'd also like to thank the guys at Brook Venture, Fred, Ned and Walter, for all the encouragement and for putting up with my antics in and absence from the office.

I'll post some pics and vids soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment