Saturday, June 4, 2011

Beautiful all day spinnaker run

Gybed over this afternoon and was a little surprised at how much head current hit me. I was expecting around a half knot from that cold water feature north of the main body but got twice that then it increased a little from there. I think the worst of it is over as it's backed off to less than a knot.
 
The forecasted shift did indeed take place and I rode the lift nicely following the gybe. Then the shift kept going. And going. Finally settling around ENE so I'm on a reach right now with the jib, staysail and main. I ran with the chute as long as I could but I was having to head about 30 degrees further south than I wanted so that was that.
 
It's going to be a cold night. Time to get layered up and eat some more freeze dried.

No comments:

Post a Comment