Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wow. We did really well.

We're very happy to have finished a grueling race and even happier at the results. Looks like we have the win in Class 4 all buttoned up on elapsed and corrected time which means the accomplishment of an amazing goal for me. With the win on each leg, Jeroboam earned the combined win as well for Class 4. Who ever thought this little Beneteau would be such a performer? Certainly not I, in fact when I bought it, I recall saying it would always be just a cruising boat and that I'd never race it. Jeroboam proved me wrong once again. A big thank you to Zoe for putting in a huge effort on what was a physically intense race. And thank you to everyone for posting/emailing/texting cheers, encouragement and praise. It was great to be able to share it with everyone. I'll post more on the race on it's own page on the website with a recap of some of the race's finer points and some pictures. The Marblehead-Halifax race starts July 5th and will also include a transponder website and my blog posts so please follow along if the novelty hasn't worn off yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment